Thursday, February 7, 2013

Decoupage Your Journal



From Bland to Glam!!!!

This week I am going to show you a quick fun way to glam up your notebooks or journals. As a designer I have tons of notebooks with scribbles of ideas that I want to do, but it wasn't till recently that I started putting them together in separate organized designer journals. I am big on graphing and sketching out my patterns, designs, and craft projects. I would say its part of my organization process. Up until now for any graphing I have always had to pull out my handy dandy ruler, pen and had to draw my graphs out.

So last week I went out and found these 100 page graph notebooks. (I have to be honest I got a bit excited, it's small things like this that make my world go round). I just felt that it would save so much time and it would look so much neater. So I bought one for my sewing projects, crochet patterns, and a 3rd for my misc crafting. I was so excited I got home and started transferring my patterns from my mess of paperwork. I took the time to redraw and graph everything, and after I finished getting my pattern book up to date I closed it up and here I stare at the blank canvas. I knew I had to do something about that and fast.

I pulled out my scraping supplies and started laying down a base for underneath. I had a bunch of single strips of adhesive cardstock that I laid down.I like to think that I am a colorful person so I knew I wanted something that was unique and different in each spot you looked at. Next I took some adhesive cardstock labels and scattered them through out the cover along with some inspirational words of wisdom and some misc stickers.

After I was satisfied with the way it looked I took my roller and made sure everything was securely pressed to the cover. Then I took my Modge Podge and brushed on a nice thick layer, making sure to get every section. Modge Podge is a Plaid Company Product, in which I am a huge fan of and own MANY of their products. I have used Modge Podge for many projects but this is my first real big paper project using it.

Anyway through out the drying process I noticed that some pieces would bubble up or peel up and I just took a toothpick and pressed it down so that it was laying flat again. I set it aside to dry for 24 hours and now I have my personalized pattern journal. I can't wait to do this to the rest of my notebooks. Each one will look unique.




We LOVE to hear from our readers.What types of decoupaging do you do?




              Happy Crafting, 





No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear from our readers. If you get a moment let us know what you think.