Saturday, February 2, 2013

Saturday Spotlight Feature ~ Week 5




Most people that know me know that I have a stamp fetish. I love to find new reasons to use my stamps and a couple weeks ago I came across one of the coolest ways to use a stamp that I have scene. I can't wait to try this out myself. Lets give a warm welcome to Dora with

Untrendy Life



"The two most popular posts on my blog are the bleach pen projects. I get e-mails all the time from people living in other parts of the world who do not have access to bleach pens and  ask if I could suggest an alternative. There are alternatives, but since I have not tried them out, I am hesitant to recommend anything. However, finally I had some time to play around. I have been wanting to see how stamping with plain bleach would work.



I went through my fabric stash and cut small test areas from different woven fabrics to see how they react with bleach. I strongly encourage you not to skip this step. From the 5 different samples I tried, I was only happy with 1! And the blue quilting fabric did not even react to the bleach at all. In some, the bleach spread too fast and the design was not recognizable, in others I did not like the color I ended up with."



You can catch the actual tutorial on this project by going to her website. What a neat idea. There are just so many ways you can use your stamps. What awesome and neat ideas do you use your stamps for?


Happy Crafting,

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear from our readers. If you get a moment let us know what you think.