Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday Food ~ Saute Chicken and Vegetables

A friend and I trade off having dinners at each others houses. We even have soup wars during the winter. You can find my winning soup in one of my previous posts here. But I have to give him a lot of credit, he is an amazing cook and I come home with a recipe or two every time we get together. This weeks recipe came from him and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


Chicken Saute with Vegetables


What you need:
  • 1-2 lbs chicken breast
  • 1 cup flour, seasoned with salt, pepper and other spices of your choosing
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1 lb zucchini, cubed
  • medium onion, sliced
  • 1 container cherry tomatoes
  • 1 can mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • basil
  • lemon juice
  • rice
How to:
  1. Cut chicken into bite sized chunks and coat with flour mixure.
  2. Saute chicken, onion and mushrooms in oil until chicken is golden brown. 
  3. Add chicken broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
  4. Add zucchini and tomatoes and cook until zucchini is tender.
  5. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste. 
  6. Sever over rice.


I have two people I consider excellent cooks! One being my lovely grandmother. The other being the friend I talked about earlier in the post, Marvin. I'll be sharing recipes from both, all them them slightly tweaked for my family's preference!

Do you have food wars?? If so, we'd love to hear some of your winning recipes! 

Until next recipe...


No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear from our readers. If you get a moment let us know what you think.