Monday, June 11, 2012

A Year of Scrapbooking! Introduction: Part 1 of 5

 The Start of a Tradition

I love to scrapbook! When my first son was born, I decided to make a scrapbook of his first year. It was a slow start with a newborn but as he got older and more self-entertaining, I was able to work on it more. Half way into my year long project, I thought it would be a great gift to make for the grandparents. Committing myself to making copies for the grandparents, I thought it would be a great "thank you" gift to them for the year of love, support and advice.
Above picture is his actually day of birth. Only photos from that day were used.

The 4th month
The 10th month








At Ethan's one year birthday party,  I took a picture of each set of grandparents and Ethan to put in the corresponding book as well as a copy of his party invitation. After his years birthday, I presented the grandparents their books and vowed to add two pages every year, which I've held up to. Each year I add the new invitation and picture of them together, as well as a few more pictures of that year's growth.
Year 2 pages (grandparent picture has been blurred out.)
All pictures were taken between his 1st birthday up until his 2nd.


The book I've made for myself will eventually go to Ethan to look back on; remembering milestones, special events as well as many other things. But for now, it's a great way for me to look back on the beginning of their lives and see them grow with every flip of a page.


A Project in the Works

When my second son was born though, my passion for crochet consumed my spare time. I set card making and scrapbooking aside. Now with summer break here, I actually have the desire to unload my scrap supplies and create another "Year Book" of my second son, Kyler.

In the next month or so I will be going through the process of making another book and would love for you to follow me on this new crafting journey!

There will be 5 parts of this project:
Part 1: Intro
Part 2: Pictures
Part 3: Paper
Part 4: Description
Part 5: Assembly and Final Project


Reader's Challenge!
And I would love for you to create your own, whether it be a whole year or just a special occasion! If you're up for the challenge, over the next two weeks decide on what size book/pages you want to create and pick out as many pictures you wish to use. We will be posting a gallery for everyone to upload their creations and share. Details for that to come soon.

I will continue to do the 8x8 book because that's what I used for Ethan's. Also, if you don't have a personal printer, ordering wallet size photos will work for the right hand side page.

If you would like to see more of my page, just ask! I'd be happy to show you! 

Until next craft....
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear from our readers. If you get a moment let us know what you think.