Thursday, January 24, 2013

Free Heart Crochet Pattern


I have been crocheting on and off for a little over 24 years of my life, However it wasn't till 2012 that I started designing my own patterns. I have decided to share my first free crochet pattern on the KiKi Love Creations Blog Page in celebration of Valentines Day and I think this heart could be used in many different types of craft projects.






This heart is just 1 of 5 in my newest pattern pack I chose to share this one because it was Crystal's favorite out of the 5. I took all my hearts from creating the patterns and made a sweet little valentine's day banner for the house. If you follow me from over on my other blog Smalltown Dreamz you will see that I use a lot of Red Heart Yarn especially when I am working on my amigurumi patterns. I find that red heart is great for durability when its being used as a young ones toy. I have noticed that the Red Heart Super Saver has a new formula or something because it is considerably softer than it was years ago. This is a huge bonus for me because I can still use the yarn I like without having to worry about my little one not wanting to wear or touch it because of its harsh textures. Thank you Red Heart!!!





Valentine’s Day Heart
Crochet Pattern
Created by: Stephanie Jennings




Material Used:
Red Heart Red Medium (Pink, White, Purple)

Abbreviations:
SC – Single Crochet
HDC – Half Double Crochet
SL ST – Slip Stitch
DC – Double Crochet
TRB – Treble Crochet
DBTRB – Double Treble Crochet

Crochet Hook Sizes:
F or G
Gauge is not important as long you remain consistent.

Special Notes:
*SL ST in red do not count as part of the stitch count
*(TRB, DC) –All Stitches in a parenthesis will go into one stitch.
*When starting the next round start in the stitch next to the last SL ST for those that apply.






Heart 1

Start - Magic Loop

Round 1 - SC 10 into Magic Loop, SL ST (pull magic Loop tight) (10)
Round 2 – 2 SC in each stitch, SL ST (20)
Round 3 - HDC in first 2 stitches, skip next stitch, (HDC, DC, HDC) in next stitch, Skip the next stitch,
HDC 5, 2 DC, 2 TRB, 2 DC, SL ST, 2 DC, 2 TRB, 2 DC, HDC in next3 stitches, SL ST (26)


That’s it. You are all done. I hope you enjoy!!


***This pattern, in part or in whole, is not to be copied, sold, auctioned, or redistributed. These images, in part or in whole, are not to be copied, sold, auctioned, or redistributed. You are allowed to make a copy of the pattern for your OWN personal use. You are also free to sell your finished product, however you will need to provide your own images and give credit to Stephanie Jennings or Smalltown Dreamz as the designer of the pattern ALSO please link back to THIS POST so that others can get the free pattern too.***


This pattern has been tested but if you believe there may be a mistake, please contact me. I also offer assistance if you need it, feel free to contact me at smalltowndreamz@gmail.com


As always we love to see what you make with the tutorials that we share on this site. If you use this pattern please share with us we would love to see!! Also remember if you would like to purchase this pattern and get the other 4 heart patterns you can find them in my online pattern shops. Ravelry and Craftsy the sale prices is $2.70 for the pack.

Happy crafting,



1 comment:

We LOVE to hear from our readers. If you get a moment let us know what you think.