Saturday, January 5, 2013

Saturday Spotlight Feature Week 1



This year we are starting something new here at KiKi Love Creations. Every Saturday we are going to try and feature one of you and one of your special projects. 

To Kick things off a very dear friend of mine (stephanie) came over to share one of her FABULOUS Projects. I am so happy to have her start this off. She is new to the blogging world and what better way to kick it off then with a special feature. I was lucky enough to be able to work with her on getting her blog started and even helped out with her blog button. At the time I didn't realize I had used the same tag shape. That is besides the point though. I swear she was born to write. If you are into scrapping you will LOVE her and her posts. 

I am in a state of awe and drool when I look at the amazing work that she does. She has such an eye for matching papers and embellishments, let alone what she can do with her inks. I would love to sit down with her and have her teach me a thing or two. 

 So with out further ado I bring you Lisa from Chat N' Scrap. 

YourSiteTitle





In the fall of 2012 there was some discussion in a group I belong to called Scrappy Girls about holding a mini scrapbook swap. I've made one or two before, and thought this would be really fun. 

Our group is really supportive and encouraging and I knew it was certainly going to be fun to make! Our names were selected randomly from the list of names that signed up. We would contact one another to talk over details like theme or color preferences and then we were all on our own.





 I selected papers that I knew would work within the scheme and overall them of the book. Utilizing mostly papers from Studio Calico and My Mind’s Eye. Coordinating patterns and add and embellishments like charms and ribbon made the book feel cohesive.
 I truly hope she treasures her mini book! I made a two part video of it; the first of which can be found here.   Here are some pictures of some of the pages from the book:



 
 


You can find some of the projects I am creating and selling at my ETSY store
Curious about projects our Scrappy Girls are making? Like us on FB! Our name is Scrappy Girls Make it Better






We want to give a big thank you to Lisa for sharing her beautiful work. If you get a chance make sure you stop by her new blog and show her some love. She definitely has a lot of knowledge in the scrapping world. 


We would love to to see your work so if you would like to have your project featured in our Saturday Spotlight Feature please email us at kikilovecreate@gmail.com and include your name, a few good quality photos, links to your shops and blog, and a description about yourself, your item, and what inspired you to create it. 

See you next week!!
Stephanie and Crystal







No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear from our readers. If you get a moment let us know what you think.