Chicken Saute with Vegetables
What you need:
- 1-2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 cup flour, seasoned with salt, pepper and other spices of your choosing
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 lb zucchini, cubed
- medium onion, sliced
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- 1 can mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- lemon juice
- Cut chicken into bite sized chunks and coat with flour mixure.
- Saute chicken, onion and mushrooms in oil until chicken is golden brown.
- Add chicken broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add zucchini and tomatoes and cook until zucchini is tender.
- Add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
- Sever over rice.
I have two people I consider excellent cooks! One being my lovely grandmother. The other being the friend I talked about earlier in the post, Marvin. I'll be sharing recipes from both, all them them slightly tweaked for my family's preference!
Do you have food wars?? If so, we'd love to hear some of your winning recipes!
Until next recipe...